Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Rest easy my friend

I wish I was closer and that was something I could do. I'm sorry we didn't get to say goodbye bud. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Be safe.

Something Sad

Something sad, happened today
My dad fell sick and went away
I wished that daddy would stay
But mommy said things will be okay.

Daddy was uncomfy and not very well,
So God cast a good magic spell.
He took daddy’s soul from its shell,
to a pretty place with no bad smells.

Mommy said its okay to cry,
But I don’t understand or know why.
Is daddy up there, somewhere in the sky?
I wished he’d come down... and tell me ‘Hi!’

I bet that it’s really nice, way up there,
with God’s tender love and gentle care.
I can imagine the angels flying everywhere.
But I just can’t see, even if I stare and stare.

I wonder if daddy will remember me
Or the time he helped me climb down the tree.
Maybe daddy’s happy as it should be
But I really wish,

I wish daddy was here with me.