Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Nature vs Nurture?

What is a person's nature? Something that is ingrained into them by their genetics.Science dictates that the codes of who we are or will become are encrypted into our bodies upon the first conception and during the course of our mothers pregnancy.

Nurture? This is basically the environment that we are raised in. How the different interactions and experience we undergo in our environment reinforce certain parts of our personalities through both negative and positive reinforcement. Go read a psych book or ask Sher-Mayne (mumsy <3 ). I'm just a casual reader :p

In general scientists have come to the conclusion that both nature and nurture affect the final personality and person we become.

So then, which is my nature and which is my nurture, I hear you asking. Damned if I know to be honest! I'm still trying to figure out where I left my car keys let alone complex questions like that.

An additional complexity to add to this puzzle would be religion. Oh! Taboooooooo subbbjecccttt!!!

No comments: