Saturday, December 16, 2006

Port Dickson

Been meaning to post about this a few days now... but been too lazy... Me and a couple of friends, Mich, Ben, Kat, Yew Jin and Joe, went down to Port Dickson last week. I can't even remember which day of the week it was!

We left uptown at 11.30pm. Yup PM! A little on the crazy side. Any way it was quite a long drive there. The toll was something like 20 bucks! I think it took us around 1 and halve hours to get there... getting lost and finding parking included.

When we finally reached the beach, we went to Ben and Yew Jin's 'special spot'. Started a fire using candles and charcoal and the BBQ was on the way! While waiting for the food to cook, me and Yew Jin went fish and crab hunting. The tide was super low.

We didn't catch anything we could eat unfortunately. Everything was too small!

The food was good apart from the fact that Kat kept kicking sand into my food. Some thing would crawl up her leg, she'd scream and poof... sand on Vince's chicken! I suspect that this was done on purpose and had nothing to do with creepy crawlies. Cause it was ALWAYS MY chicken that got the sand.

After eating, a few beers and some black label, we went back to crabbing and fishing. Walking in the beach was super relaxing. Since I can't catch crabs bare handed (I value my fingers)... I was the torchlight man. Shining on the 'catch of the day'. It was fun.

When everything settled down. We sat down and looked at the stars. Unlike Subang, you can see stars all over the place... even though it was cloudy and about to rain. It was a pretty amazing sight.

Around 7am we decided to make a move. We went to Seremban to drop off Yew Jin at his grand mothers. We had breakfast first. Then we went back to Subang. Got lost a little but got directions from cabbies and found out way home eventually. I had a little bit more black label and was talking crap with Joe all the way home.

I was a lil tipsy while driving back. But when I finally reached home. I crashed like no ones business... into my bed I mean... I was EXHAUSTED... man I'm getting old. I remember Kat saying she was still hyper... plus she went to work and all.

Kids these days...

It was a great break from after the exams. I hope to go there again some time. Not too soon tho. 20 bucks for toll is pretty damn steep. Plus the long drive home.

Simply put... it was a blast... I had fun... thanks guys :)

4 comments:

Joe said...

pay money la =P
knn my black label! i just realized how little there was left -_-

Vince said...

I didn't drink that much I swear!

Joe said...

right .l.

Vince said...

I swear its the truth.
*takes another swig of Joe's black label*