Friday, March 30, 2007

*Sigh*

today is the final day of the advertisement we placed in the Star. From today onwards, the search for baby officially ends. We are leaving it to fate and God to bring Baby back to us. We've done all we could have done under the circumstances. At least I would like to think we have. Perhaps we were unlucky. There were a few close calls where we almost got Baby back. Perhaps Baby was just too cute for us to keep, and some lucky sod has decided she's too cute to be returned. Maybe she's been taken and sold in another state. I don't know. There are so many possibilities that it boggles my mind to even think about it.

I'll miss her perhaps forever. But I'm grateful for the time we had together. She was truely something special to me. A constant source of warmth and love that I never expected to find in this world. I could be cynical and say nothing good lasts forever. But a big part of me wants to deny this. To think that Baby will find her way home to us somehow. Unhurt. Her usual friendly and energetic self.

You had tiny hands
So they all said
A pretty face
that would turn heads

Ever young
Ever energetic
Brought a smile
amidst the hectic

Jumping into glass tables
Climbing giant steps
Cuddling up to fresh laundry
Barking at the neighbours cats

Pouncing onto vacuum cleaners
Jumping to greet me hello
Whining to get your way
Playing Fetch but not letting go

Sitting like you were squating
Good thing we didn't name you Lady
Instead we settled for
plain old Baby

Stealing food
not meant for you
Giving love
that was pure and true

Chewing on expensive books
Ripping up newpapers
We'd always say
We'd spank you laters

You ran away
one time too many
I've given up hope
I don't have any

I hope you doing fine
Without me and mom too
Cause we're not doing so good
Without you

If God were to touch our lives
and grant us one wish
We'd have you back in a second
scratching on your dinner dish

Its cold without you
So cold it stings
But we keep warmth in your memory
And your little play things.

No comments: