Thursday, March 15, 2007

Siapa makan cili rasa pedas

I kissed a corpse

I have kissed a corpse
Not once, but twice!
I’d have said it earlier
But it was not nice.

The first,
My departed grandfather,
Peaceful in his rest,
Moving on to his life after,

The second,
A cold cold kiss,
One that I would remember
But never want to miss.

Without warmth.
Without passion.
I kissed a corpse,
An involuntary action

Self notions of Christianity,
Overwhelming all emotion.
Hypocrisy unbounded,
Deserving no devotion.

Dead inside,
Souless and cold,
And yet, she was,
But nineteen years old.

Dry with heartache,
Laced with lust,
The kiss lacked love
That was a must.

Lacked the understanding
And companionship
Indeed the kiss was of
Poor workmanship

Beautiful to see
A sight to behold
But in a simple kiss
I felt death unfold

The first kiss
Was more sincere,
Than, the second,
Where love was never there.

The walking dead
Without a heart that was true
This dead person
Was none other than ‘you’.

No comments: