Wednesday, October 03, 2007

What you want

Humans are strange in nature. We all have wants and we have needs. Needs being things that are necessary for survival and wants are what we merely desire for recreation or pleasure. In more than one occasion, we choose what we want over what we need.

I'm stuck here. With a choice between my wants and my needs. To the logical mind, it should be an easy decision. But somehow it isn't as straight forward as it seems to be.

When you yearn for something enough, doesn't it become a need? To mentally and physically yearn for something that emotionally and physically completes you is a need isn't it? Lets look at an example. Recreational drugs. To the casual user they are a want. They do not need it to function properly. Now if you were an addict, then the drugs would be a need rather than a want.

Cigarettes? A want for the social smoker, a need for the chain smoker.

Love? A need or a want?

The line is so thin between the two. I for one cannot see it.

I want more focus in my life. College isn't providing me that. Does that mean I drop out again? When I'm this close to completing my education.

Too many distractions. Too many complications.

I need this diploma. I need this job at NAGA.

Everything else is a want. And a distraction. Therefore they do not exist in my world for now.

There is a time for everything. My time to shine in my education is now, it is the last chance I was given by fate. I mustn't lose focus now, regardless of what ever else is happening in my life.

Its all a distraction. And to be ignored. That's how things should be. And will be.

1 comment:

Joe said...

ethanol = need