Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Poetry

Its been a while since I've written any poetry... any GOOD poetry... sometimes I do get inspirations to write things... but they're too painful to put to pen... so I leave them at the back of my mind and gather the strength to write them down some other day...

Its been more than two years since we broke up... and I still find myself thinking of you constantly... wondering what you are doing... if you're asleep or like me, awake in the middle of the morning pondering which path to take and where to go; more importantly, what to do.

I wonder if you realise that I miss you and the comfort talking to you always brought me. Regardless of the topic, speaking to you always brought me a peace of mind. And rest. I used to be able to sleep after talking to you. Knowing that everything is right and a feeling of peace would wash over me after we talked. And I'd sleep. Without dreams or nightmares. Just the way I like it.

Your birthday is coming soon. It will be the third birthday I miss. I guess somethings are not meant to be. Just like us I guess. Though a part of me would like to deny that, I've learned to accept the fact.

You asked me to let go. It was the most painful thing I have ever done. And I have let go in my own way. I just hold on to the memories we had, knowing that we will never make new memories together. It makes me a little sad to think of that. But it is the truth of the matter.

I am a little stressed out. The assignments I was working on, the files crashed and I have to redo them. Which is why I'm still up at 6am. Trying to rewrite as much as I can while I still remember what to write. Sigh. Its times like this I miss talking to you most. When I'm under tremendous pressure or stress. You'd always make things seem not as impossible as they actually are. Or you'd sing me a song and make me smile. You have a beautiful voice, and it rings at the hollow of my heart still.

Is it a kind of dream
flowing around in time
floating in my mind
drifting in my eyes

Is it a kind of wish
flying like a shooting star
falling like a fiery meteor
shining like the sun

Is it a kind of wonder
echoing like your laughter
whispering like your smile
smoothened like your touch

Been a little while for now
I've been keeping my eyes
searching for a sign
of your belated return

I sang all your songs
Whispered all your promises
Wishing they
would be heard

I saw you smiling at me
was it real
or just my fantasy
in a corner of my mind

Shall I be the one
to tell you love
that I love
and still love you

No comments: