Thursday, November 23, 2006

what 20 cans of beer can do to you

I hold the phone close to me
till the screen turns black
and your number disappears

I wanna call so badly
the urge almost takes me over
but I keep it in check

I've drunk too much
Is that why I want to call
I wonder... I ponder

I need to hear your voice
I need to hear you speak
Say anything... anything at all

Its been too long
and I hurt so much
it been a year
so much has happened

so much I want to tell you
so much I want to say
but the words
all fade away

I'll speak in rhyme
once again
Pretend that you
didn't leave a stain

I'll brave on
like you never cared
like I never kissed you
like I never dared

I'll pretend
that we never hugged
the beers
that I never chugged

like you never said
that you love me
or the love
we'd grow like a tree

I'll pretend you never
said you love me
I'll pretend you never
said you love me

cause it hurts too much
not to think otherwise
cause I love you
no matter how unwise

No comments: