Saturday, November 25, 2006

A lil bit on the dark side

Heres something I was working on today... do tell me what you think... btw the plots not mine... its courtesy of Amir... I just wrote the story...

Exterior College, Afternoon.

Darren
What? Nadia, you’re leaving me?

Nadia
I’m sorry Darren. Its just not working out.

Darren
Why are you leaving us?

Nadia
Us?

Darren
Me. I meant me.

Nadia
Its not that I don’t love you any more. It’s just that you’re different now. I thought I knew you. But you keep changing in front of my eyes. I can’t keep track of who you are anymore. Its too tiring.

Nadia touches Darren’s face and Darren flinches away

Nadia
See. You never used to be like that. You won’t even let me touch you now.

Darren
It’s not like that. I’m… I’m just having some problems.

Nadia
You never talk about your problems with me. We’ve been drifting this past few months. You’re lying to yourself if you don’t admit that. We went through our own problems alone. Alone. We kept too much from each other.

Darren
You’ve made up your mind? After all these years, you’re just going to leave me?

Nadia
I’m sorry.

Raises voice till he is shouting.

Darren:
Sorry? Sorry isn’t good enough. We won’t accept that.

Nadia
Darren you’re scaring me.

Darren takes a deep breath and calms down.

Darren:
Go. Just go. I don’t want to talk about this any more. I don’t want to see you. It’s pointless. Just go.

Nadia
I’m sorry Darren.

Darren
Just leave Nadia.

Nadia leaves and Darren is shown holding his head in frustration and as if in pain.

Interior College, Afternoon.

Jason
Darren, did something happen between you and Nadia?

Darren
We broke up last week.

Jason
What happened? You guys have been together for years!

Darren
It’s complicated. I don’t really want to talk about it.

Jason
Okay. But she’s hanging out with this jerk now. He’s nothing but trouble. I’m just worried Nadia will get hurt.

Darren
Who?

Jason
Ben Wong. You know the triad? He’s all sorts of trouble. If you still care about her you’ll talk to her. But that’s up to you.


Darren
We’ve broken up. She can hang around whoever she wants to. It’s none of my business any more.

Jason
Don’t lie to yourself. Look at you. You’re trembling.

Darren’s fingers are curled into a fist and he is trembling violently.

Darren
I’ll think about it.

Exterior corridor, evening.

Nadia is shown holding hands with Ben. Darren appears from the edge of the
corridor.

Darren
Nadia. I need to talk to you.

Ben
You’re Darren aren’t you. Nadia’s told me about you.

Darren
Nothing good I’m sure. I need to talk to her. Do you mind?

Ben laughs.

Nadia
Is something wrong Darren?

Ben
You don’t have to talk to this dude Nadia. You’re broken up after all. You’re with me now.

Darren
Why you basta….

Nadia
Go on ahead Ben. I’ll catch up with you.

Ben stares at Darren and kisses Nadia in front of Darren.

Ben
I’ve marked you. You’re mine. Don’t be too long now.

Darren scowls as Ben leaves.

Darren
It didn’t take you too long to get over me now did it?

Nadia
Don’t say that. It’s not true. Ben’s been there for me all this while. While I was struggling to keep things working between us.

Darren
He’s a triad. He’s nothing but trouble.

Nadia
You just haven’t seen the softer side of him. He’s a good man.

Darren
Better than me?

Nadia
That’s not the point. He’s different from you. And I needed a change.

Darren
What’s so wrong with me you needed a change?

Nadia
Please Darren. Let’s not talk about that. What is it you wanted to talk about? If it’s about Ben, I know what I’m doing. You don’t have to worry. He really cares about me. And that’s all I have to say on the topic.

Darren begins trembling.

Darren
You’re being stubborn.

Nadia
Some things don’t change I guess. I’m sorry.

Darren
We’re sorry too.

Interior College, afternoon.



Jason
Darren! You’ve gotta do something! Nadia’s been missing for three days. Her parents are frantic with worry. They’ve made a police report and everything.

Darren
Missing? How could she be missing?

Jason
I don’t know. It must have something to do with Ben. Something’s not right. Nadia wouldn’t just disappear just like that. Something’s happened! You have to do something!

Darren
What can I do? I’m just as lost as you are.

Jason
You’re her boyfriend. You were supposed to protect her. I told you Ben was bad news. But you didn’t want to believe me. Now she’s missing.

Darren
Enough. I’ll think of something. Now leave me alone.

Jason
I just hope she’s okay.

Interior Classroom, afternoon

Ben walks to his table to find a note. He opens and reads it.

Darren VO
Nadia’s missing. I know it’s you. Meet me at the corridor we met at four days ago if you want to prove your innocence. Otherwise, I’m going to the police. Be there. 9pm.

Ben speaks his thoughts aloud.

Ben
Crazy bastard. I can’t get the police involved. I’m in enough trouble as it is. I’ll fix him.

Exterior corridor, Night.

Ben is pacing nervously up and down the corridor. Darren appears.

Ben
You’re late.

Darren
And you’re guilty.

Ben
I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Darren
Where is Nadia you bastard?

Ben
I don’t know. Even if I did know, why the hell would I tell you?

Darren
I’ll go to the police.

Ben
You have no proof. No evidence. Who’s going to believe a freak like you?

Darren
I’ll find proof.

Ben
Till you do, we have nothing to talk about.

Ben turns around to leave. Darren raises a hidden baton and hits Ben on the neck.

Whisper
Good boys don’t do bad things.

Darren
Too late for that now. I’ll MAKE you talk.

Darren drags the unconscious Ben into his car.

Interior college Room

Ben is firmly tied up to a chair. He is covered with cuts and whip marks.

Darren
Are you going to talk or not?


Ben
I told you. I don’t know where she is.

Darren
You liar! TELL ME WHERE SHE IS!

Ben
You crazy bastard. Let me go!

Whisper
Good boys don’t do bad things.

Darren
Shut up! He’s left us no choice. Are you going to talk or not?

Ben
I’ve told you a million times. I don’t know anything! Just let me go.

Whisper
Good boys don’t do bad things.

Darren
SHUT UP! You leave me no choice then.

Darren brings pliers and holds on to Ben’s big toenail. Then, he pulls it off. Ben screams in pain.

Darren
Talk you bastard. Where have you put her? What did you do to her?

Ben
Let me go…. Please let me go… I don’t know anything…

Darren pulls another toenail out. Ben screams again.

Darren
You pathetic liar. Tell me where she is!

Ben
Please… please… please…

Darren
Talk or I’ll kill you…

Whisper
Good boys don’t do bad things…. Good boys don’t do bad things…

Ben
Please don’t kill me! I don’t KNOW! I REALLY DON’T KNOW!

Darren begins to talk to a mirror image of himself.

Darren
Maybe he really doesn’t know where she is. Maybe I should let him go

Whisper
Bad boys don’t do good things… Its too late now…

Darren
No its not!

Darren
Kill him. He killed Nadia. Kill him.

Darren
I should set him free.

Whisper
Bad boys don’t do good things… Bad boys don’t do good things…

Darren
I’m not a bad boy…

Darren
He stole her from us. He stole her. TOOK HER AWAY… Stole our love. Destroyed everything. Crushed our hopes. Made us this way.

Darren
Good boys don’t do bad things… good boys don’t do bad things…

Darren
HE TOOK HER. KILL him… KILL him…He stole her! He took her! Kill him… KILL HIM!

Darren screams and slashes Ben’s throat open.

Whisper
Good boys don’t do bad things…

Whisper
Bad boys don’t do good things…

Darren falls to the floor holding his head and screaming…

Flashback, Exterior Corridor

Darren
We’re sorry too.

Darren covers Nadia’s face with a piece of cloth. Nadia struggles for a while, then fall unconscious. Darren carries her to his car and puts her in there.

Darren
We took her. It was us. Why?

Darren
She was leaving us. For that cheap triad. After all we’ve done for her. She left.

Darren
We’ve got to find her!

Interior, Darren’s apartment, evening

Nadia is tied up on Darren’s bed.

Nadia
Darren! Let me go! What are you trying to do? What’s wrong with
you?

Darren
He is dead. We killed him. You are ours now.

Nadia
Who’s dead? Darren what have you done?

Darren
We did it for you… You won’t leave us now…

Nadia
You killed Ben? Oh my god… Darren you need help…


Darren
She knows too much…

Darren
Shut up… shut up….

Darren
She knows too much… we must kill her…

Darren
No… We love her… We’ll let her go…

Whisper
Bad boys don’t do good things…

Whisper
Good boys don’t do bad things…

Darren raises a knife.

Darren
We must kill her!

Darren
We love her! We rather kill ourselves…

Whisper
Bad boys don’t do good things… bad boys don’t do good things…

Whisper
Good boys don’t do bad things… good boys don’t do bad things…

The whispers become faster and faster… Darren screams and raises the knife and flashes it down…

ENDS

No comments: