Thursday, December 06, 2007

Spoils of love

The quiet of autumn beckons
and summer's dream has gone
Sit by me and watch the sun fade
As we wait for the early morn...

As we cuddle close
and brace for winters cold
Stay close by me
and in my arms, you I will hold

Safe from the world
Safe from reality
Far away from tommorow
And its cruelty

People say that
Tommorow is but another day
But our paths diverged
And we went our separate ways

I say love
You say infatuation
The two words, like me and you...
hold no future... no relation...

honey brown
and albaster white
We stand separate
like day and night

We tried to hide it
We tried to keep it quiet
Being together meant everything
when our emotions were fired

but

I eat with my hands
You eat with chopsticks
The world would never smile
On a couple with this mix

I believe
in freedom of thought
Your family was brought up
with the love of God

I say 'saya'
and you say 'wor'
We're just another victim
to add to the racial score

They say that everything
seem right in love's toil
But you were water
and I was oil

So come ye vultures
Malay, Indian and chinese,
Rips away what love we have
Take all that you can seize...

Hold me honey...
So hold me close tonight
Cause we'll be meeting tommorow
Alone and cold... in the morning light

I'll hold you tight
I'll wipe your tears dry
I'll always love you
But this is good bye...

2 comments:

Yu Ting said...

vince, sorry hav to contact u through here. my jesseyong@hotmail.com ad hacked so pls add me at new msn: yyt@live.com.my. luckily i can remember ur blog :P

koekoepuff said...

these are the trivial things in life, yet it holds such great impact.

love this one.