Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Wondering

Have you ever wanted to change the past? I'm sure you have. Everyone has regrets in one manner or another.

I'd like to talk about my biggest regret but thats too personal to put on my blog. It would hurt some people and anger others. So let us talk about changing the past instead.

I watched Next the day before yesterday. It was about a man who could see into his own future by two minutes. Thus, giving him the power to alter his future when ever he pleased. But within two minutes.

Imagine if you were given the power to alter the past instead. What would you change?

Its a big big question that takes some soul searching to answer for some. For others the answers come a lot easier. There was a major event that changed their lives forever.

Changing the past would affect the future would it not? Of course it would. If you stopped a man from being hit by a car, that very same man might the next day kill a person. Effectively changing the future. But time flows endlessly. Does one act of changing the past stop the future from becoming what happened in the first place? I don't think so.

So for the past to change, logically, there must be alternate timelines.

If I could change the past, then there would be alternate mes since there are alternative timelines.

But the quesion is, would I be selfless enough to change the past so that another me could live happily? Why should I live miserably while another me has the perfect life?

Just pondering

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have often pondered past events in my life and wondered what I could hve done differently, but I have come to the conclusion that I would not be the person I am now, and wouldn't risk being the person I might have been. Each situation, bad or good, leaves its mark on us, and we can choose to grow or regret. I'm still digging myself out of my hole, but at least it gives me something to do!

Vince said...

like they say... what doesn't kill you will make you stronger...