Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What are you made of?

Pinky asked me to read her blog a few hours ago... so I was pretty curious. She rarely tells me when she updates her blog. So I figured it should be interesting.

this is her post:


made.


We are all made out of something. As cliche that might sound

Some of us are made out of gold, richer than most

Some of us are made out of diamond, more precious than others

Some of us are made out of glass, a little sharp yet fragile

Some of us are made out of metal, hardy but mouldable

Some of us are made out of love, wearing the heart at the sleeves and fingers.

Some of us are made out of lights, brighter than the moonlight

Do you know what you are made out of?


so what am I made of?

super interesting question. So I did what I normally do when I'm deep in thought. (no not have a beer... sigh... some impressions of you, you never really get to shake off I guess.) I had a ciggy and talked to suki!

Ok la. Not talked to her. More like talked at her. As it was, I had to bribe the lil mutt to listen to me. She had jus woken up from her all day nap and was way hyper-active. So I had to give her some innitiave to sit and listen. Voila la 'greenie'. (its a green colored treat you twits... not a booger!)

At first the thoughts that came to me about what I'm made of were pretty... well... depressing. Words like 'broken glass', 'disappointment', 'broken dreams' sprang to mine immediately. I wanted one specific word for it. And those words didn't encompass who I was completely. These words were just too negative.

I was also 'talented' (yea! honest!) 'blessed' (with great friends and an amazing brother and mother) 'intelligent' (compared to most of the morons in the world... thats not really saying much!). But these words were WAY too positive and didn't depict me in the entirety.

So I dug deeper.

Three greenies and a very happy pup later, I found the word I wanted.

I'm am made of 'masks'.

This is true for most people, I guess. But it applies to me in many ways that only my close friends and family will understand.

I keep my secrets jealously (when I'm not pissed drunk!). I smile when I don't feel like smiling. Pretend to be sad when I feel merely numb. I've laughed and joked when I jus felt like falling apart. The list goes on and on really.

Without going into too much personal details and revealing more than I care to in this blog, I can't really say much more.

Lets jus say in many ways I've always been a social and emotional chameleon. Not many have seen my true colors. There has always been a mask or two in the way.

So yea Pinky. I'm made of 'masks'. You know me better than most people. Do you think the word fits me? :)

No comments: