Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fantasy Writer vs What REALLY happened....

Fantasy Writers perspective:

Armed with nothing but a wooden staff, our hero stumbled in the darkness. Cold sweat streamed down his face.Around him, the scent of rotting meat and smoke swirled in the air. Suppressing the shiver down his spine, he took another step forward and stopped before the door. Beyond this death awaited.

Fear gripped him and threaten to overwhelm him. His thoughts drifted to his brother, once a proud strong man; now a mewling wreak locked in his quarters. He had faced the beast earlier and it had left its mark on him. Would he meet the same fate?

He gripped the wooden staff more firmly.

He looked to his side. His loyal hunting hound. Suki. Here was a hound a warrior would be proud to have walk by him anytime. He strengthened his resolved and prepared to face the monster. 'To live in fear, is to die a little everyday,' he told himself.

He swung the door open. Scanning the surroundings, he did not have to look hard to spot the monster. Its eyes were red. He could see the twin white fangs portruding from its maw. Suki growled deeply, sensing danger. Her fur stood on its ends and she began to shake in fear from the beasts overwhelming aura of evil. Finally the fear overtook her notions of loyalty and love for her master and she fled; tail between her legs.

He did not notice the flight of his loyal hound. His mind was focused only on one thing. Survival. Screaming a battle cry, he ran at the monster with his wooden staff.

Panicked by the sudden fearlessness of our hero, and startled by the anger in his voice, the creature fled into the night. After all creatures of darkness live on the fear of others. When that is absent, it finds the same gnawing poison biting into its own hearts.

His lands safe once again. The hero had triumphed. Both over his inner fears and the beast of the night.



What REALLY happened:

I was holding a bloody broom. Walking in the darkness cause me n my bro have been too bloody lazy to change the kitchen light fuse.

My bro had been cleaning the bathroom downstairs and while he was doing it, he had seen a mouse. Freaked out, the bugger slammed the toilet door shut, and ran upstairs. Then he told me to go get rid of the damn thing.

Man... I freaking hate rats and mice. And I mean SERIOUSLY hate! They make my skin freakin crawl okay! But I had to protect my lil bro and suki.

Ok... fine. That's not the truth. My bro bribed me with free dinner, a pack of ciggies and a bottle of 100 plus! STFU! DUN JUDGE ME! (lol)

So armed with a broom and with suki at my side, we went to the kitchen. I closed off the kitchen door in case the bugger ran further into the house and shut the book room door. Then I braced myself and opened the toilet door.

The foul smell I was talking about was from the rubbish in the toilet. My bro and I always adhered to the theory, 'Out of sight... out of mind!'. Until the smell gets so bad we can't bear it. :P

Any way, there the lil bugger was! Chomping on my mom's potpourri. Suki growled a little at the mouse. Then when the mouse took a step toward her, her REAL instincts kicked in. She ran like the wind upstairs! ISH! So much for loyalty! So much for hunting dog! So much for a man's best friend!

So I took my broom, and poked the lil bugger with the end of it. And shouted like hell at it. The fella obviously didn't like being poked or shouted at, and ran outside the door I had left open.

The hero *cough* I mean... *I* had survived my encounter with the blasted vermin.

*shifty eyes*

I jus hope the bugger doesn't come back for revenge!!!

LOL

No comments: