Sunday, December 27, 2009

The feminist Genesis

"Lord, I have a problem."

"What's the problem, Eve?"

"I know that you created me and provided this beautiful garden and all
of these wonderful animals, as well as that hilarious comedic snake, but
I'm just not happy."

"And why is that Eve?"

"Lord, I am lonely, and I'm sick to death of apples."

"Well, Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man for
you."

"Man? What is that Lord?"

"A flawed creature, with many bad traits. He'll lie, cheat and be vain;
all in all, he'll give you a hard time. But he'll be bigger, faster and
will like to hunt and kill things. I'll create him in such a way that he
will satisfy your physical needs. He will be witless and will revel in
childish things like fighting and kicking a ball about. He
won't be as smart as you, so he will also need your advice to think
properly."

"Sounds great," says Eve, with arched eyebrows,"but what's the catch,
Lord?"

"Well.....you can have him on one condition."

"And what's that, Lord? "

"As I said, he'll be proud, arrogant and self-admiring...so you'll have
to let him believe that I made him first. And it will have to be our
little secret...you know, woman to woman..."

No comments: