Sunday, September 16, 2007

O Rose thou art sick.
The invisible worm.
That flies in the night
In the howling storm:

Has found out thy bed
Of crimson joy;
And his dark secret love
Does thy life destroy

This poem's basically about a rose, a beautiful thing losing its 'life' metaphorically speaking. The worm represent a dark force or entity that robs the rose of its 'life'

To be frank IACT's prom movie competition played the 'worm' to my ambitions as a script writer. Not to say I write beautiful things, that would be a conceited thing to say, and totally unlike me.

But it did crush a lot of hope I had for the night. One of the main reasons I went to the prom was to watch the video awards. Frankly speaking, it was a disappointment. None of my videos won anything. Well not the video we had high hopes for. Which is okay. I can accept that if we were beaten by better videos.

But if you ask me this was not the case. It was a night where slapstick comedy won over pseudo intelligent jokes and comic. I don't want to say too much about the winning video, except congratulations and well done. Your video was funny. There's no taking anything away from that.

But winning best actor, actress and script? I'm sorry but that was a to be frank, ridiculous. The best actor was a ghost who just wore make up and went boo. Even I could do that and I can't act at all. The winning actress' act comprised of screaming, screaming and more screaming. Very talented. And what script was there for a slapstick comedy? Could some one enlighten me as to this?

Frankly, the whole thing has put me off writing scripts. Big time. I'm demotivated and disenchanted with the whole thing. If this is the kind of humor that wins awards, then I rather not win awards. What talent does it take to write a slapstick comedy? I should have come up with a three stooges them and perhaps that would have won.

I'm pretty set on not writing any more scripts. At least not for the Malaysian public.

1 comment:

theuptownlife said...

don't stop writing scripts.. well, just because yours didn't win, doesn't mean yours is not good. it takes someone that level to understand it. Which means, they're not at your level just yet.

Well, i'm just rambling here. haha.